At Dalston we pride ourselves on being a small business committed to producing quality ethical fashion that stands the test of time. Our garments are designed in our local workroom here in Auckland, New Zealand by a small and dedicated team and are produced through family run and local businesses. We love that we are helping to keep the local fashion manufacturing industry alive in New Zealand. A small amount of our knitwear that cannot be manufactured in New Zealand is made by ethical factories in China.
Being a small business means we have lasting relationships with our various suppliers - from fabric merchants, to pattern makers, machinists, printers & distributors- we love our team!
We're proud to have teamed up with Mindful Fashion NZ to work toward the following-
- Create relevant, useful and measurable benchmarks for ethical and sustainable production practices to ensure that New Zealand Designers can confidently say their product has been made ethically.
- Act as a united industry body to be able to work with Government to ensure the industry is supported effectively.
- Potential to push for development of a greater variety of sustainable fabrics.
- Support the training of new and established local makers.
- Potential for collective purchasing power with fabric suppliers.
- Potential for global marketing of our industry collective leading the way to change for good.
- Continue to support Made in New Zealand and the future of our industry.